Bradley Faculty Spotlight: Lori Russell-Chapin
July 14, 2020
Dr. Lori Russell-Chapin, a counseling professor and co-director of the Center for Collaborative Brain Research at Bradley University, was recently inducted into the American Counseling Association (ACA) Fellows Class of 2020. An ACA Fellow is the highest honor presented by ACA for contributions to the counseling profession. Eleven esteemed counselors make up the 2020 ACA Fellows; they were chosen after an extensive selection process involving several phases.
When Russell-Chapin was asked who or what has inspired the trajectory of her career, she said her mother's beliefs about the Golden Rule have served as a moral compass in her life. "I was raised by a family of helpers. My mother was one of my many guides and mentors along the way that has inspired me to excel and be kind to others. My parents also read to me a lot, and one of my favorite children’s books was The Little Engine That Could. It taught me that even through difficulty, I could continue to work hard to the desired end."
One of Russell-Chapin's desires in her career was, no doubt, becoming an ACA Fellow. "It's such an honor. Receiving the highest accolade from my professional organization and peers helps reinforce the counseling work that I have been doing and continue to do." She plans to "pay it forward" by passing down the knowledge and wisdom she's been given and has obtained to future generations.
Russell-Chapin will be recognized at the 2021 ACA Conference & Expo in Orlando, Florida.
- Some of us have more time to sleep. So why are we so tired? - The Washington Post
- Social Distancing Is A “Perfect Storm For Headaches,” Doctors Say - Bustle
- Connections combat feelings of panic, helplessness during pandemic - Peoria County Chronicle
- Why Toddlers Say 'No' To Everything — And How Parents Can Get Them To Say 'Yes' More Often - Your Tango
- Does social media shape our behavioral responses to emergencies? - World.edu
- What You Need to Know About Smoking and Your Brain - healthline
- On 'International Childfree Day,' Bradley Professor Calls For Mutual Respect Of All Decisions - Peoria Public Radio
- Rethinking Suicide: How Traumatic Brain Injuries Contribute - Medical Daily
- Battling PTSD, local veteran seeks help to build healing farm - WEEK-TV
- Wintertime Surfing: My Antidote for Coping with Anxiety - healthline